PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Oil Slicks and Helpful Hicks =)



Last Saturday I was driving home from a very exhausting weekend in Tallahassee when all of a sudden the beloved JEEP started shaking out of control! The little genie lamp looking thing (I was later informed is the oil pressure gauge) dropped to zero and the car came to a complete stop on I-10. Mind you it was 1:45 in the a.m. I called AAA (as I may be one their most valued customers!) and proceeded to wait 1.5 hours for a tow truck man (and his Dad). Being in the absolute middle of nowhere without hardly any cell phone service and the only thing close by was a state prison (no joke!), they dispatched a police officer (of whom I insisted take a picture with me because it was perfect Blog material and without picture proof, I didn't think anyone believe me that this was actually happening. After many attempts on my camera phone using the blue lights of the patrol car to light up the shot, the nice fella informed me that they are not allowed to have their photogs taken in uniform so I cannot post it because he since than has facebook stocked me and will find out if I do) who waited with me until almost 3:00. From there, I rode 89 miles (thank goodness because AAA only covers 100 miles) between a nice tow truck man and his Dad all the way back to the Ville. I learned their whole life stories including my favorite one about how he delivered all four of his kids at home just him and his wife and after they got the baby cleaned up, they took it to Shoney's. Currently being in my obstetrics rotation, I found this family tradition to be all sorts of wrong. I arrived home at 5:15 that morning and had to get one last shot with the JEEP [may he rest in piece(s)] and my new friends...

No comments: