PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, November 05, 2007

The Way I See it # 282

*I took this picture of Jess this summer when I had an outrageous aspiration to become a magnificent photographer and suddenly made everything my subject.. the dream quickly died when I realize I would need a camera with an adjustable lens but none-the-less I thought this photog was representative of Reflection.

I over slept and didn't make it to class this morning. I literally cried over spilled milk when I dumped an entire cup of milk down my pants and onto the bathroom floor attempting to drag myself to class. When I got to class, I met Jess (who had attempted to make it to class on time) who proceeded to tell me about the morning she had witnessing a girl out for a morning run get hit by a car going 45 MPH. She was the first one on the scene and stayed with her until the ambulance came only to find out later that the victim was a law student at UF and was brain dead and not going to make it. After a long day of class and even longer evening at work we both got home at 10:00 and decided to go to Starbucks to think about all the good things we have in our life. It's sad that it takes life-altering situations to remind you of all there is to be thankful for in your life, that whole live each day as if it was your last, don't take a single breath for granted, don't waste a single second being unhappy, fix the things you can change and let go of things you cannot, don't sweat the small stuff, Carpe Diem. It's days like today I am content just being and consider myself lucky just to be alive. At Starbucks, their cups are decorated with opinions, thoughts and expressions to spark "coffee talk" and to support a good, healthy discussion called "The Way I See It".

The Way I See It # 282: Childhood is a strange country. It's a place you come from or go to - at least in your mind. For me it has an endless, spellbound something in it that feels remote. It's like a little sealed-vault country of cake breath and grass stains where what you do instead of work is spin until you're dizzy
.
Today has been a day where I would have loved to lock myself in a seal-vault childhood country and could of really benefited from spinning until I was dizzy...

No comments: