PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, January 04, 2009

conversations with carly.

There's no one I converse with more than Carly. We have lived together for going on 4 years and have known each other since elementary school. We still both remember the first conversation we ever had at the 4th grade dance when she asked if I wanted to trade boyfriends and I said no; we've been conversing ever since. We spent 5 weeks on trains, planes, gondolas, and ferries 2 summers ago in Europe where we literally could only talk to each other, not only because we didn't have cell phones to call anyone else but because we didn't understand or speak the language spoken by the people conversing around us. I've learned more than I ever wanted to know about the entertainment business in conversations with Carly. I've been enlightened by her endless knowledge of significant trivia pertaining to our own culture (specifically pop culture). Completing crossword puzzles, discussing current events and conquering crazy milestones together, I've learned a lot from our multitude of convos. Here are some of my favorite quotes by Carly from conversations in recent months... 
 
Thoughts about men:
  "All men are stupid. Some are just less stupid than others."
  "He has a dick. Therefore he is a dick."
Thoughts about me:
  "You're a hopeless romantic. It's not a problem; it's just something you need to work on."
Thoughts about my burning desire to get a dog:
  "Animals are just not supposed to be domesticated."
Thoughts about lying to get out of a date: 
  "I don't feel like I am a bad liar; I just feel bad for lying."
Thoughts about opting out of disability insurance:
  "I mean it's not like I have a family to feed if my arm gets cut off."

No comments: