PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

a hole in my heart, of the space needle variety.


SisterinSeattle from Jocelyn Kirk on Vimeo.
I made this video awhile back in an effort to entice my sister to come back to Seattle to visit but what I didn't anticipate is that in a few short months I would find myself playing this video on repeat in an effort to fend off the sadness that is battling to overtake my ability to find the beauty here in Hawaii. I only left Seattle four days ago but I feel as though there is a gaping hole in my heart, most likely in the shape of the Space Needle... as I drove by her + all her beauty every day on my way to work, school or just about anywhere each everydayadventure led me. She was a part of my morning ritual + while the ocean, palm trees + superfluous amount of sunshine in my new *temporary* residence are helping to appease the pain of one bleeding heart, I miss her. & my mountain. & my market. & my lattes. & my people... oh, how I miss my people. I am so lucky to have somewhere that makes it so hard to say "see you soon!" to + as I process + readjust + process again what my new everyday will consist of, I am thankful for all the memories that I get to carry with me {in my heart} on each new adventure life takes me on. 

No comments: