PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, September 24, 2010

(Asst) Coach Carefoot.

teeeheeeheee... look what I found googling (have I mentioned how much I love google!?) how to spell the hockey team that Mitch is coaching. I was going to write a blog post about how all last winter I almost harassed Mitch more about how he should become a coach (because of how much he loves and knows the game) than getting a Yellow Lab and then he was coincidentally offered an assistant coaching position this season. I didn't realize it meant practicing or playing hockey EVERY night of the week til midnight ... keep in mind, this shift-working nurse gets home after he leaves for the rink and goes to bed waayyy before he gets home! Then I was going to go off on a tangent about how can they expect hockey players to not act like womanizing, chauvinistic manwhores when their Junior League teams have names like "The Railers"!! Anywho, I will let this article do the talking for me as I had no idea this existed and therefore am assuming Mitch did not want me to see it ... probably in fear that I would post it on my blog ..... He's pretty humble when it comes to his accomplishments and just how amazing he is at hockey so I will do the bragging for him as I'm ecstatically impressed by this article. *Who knew I was dating an IronMan?!* ;)



Railers Ecstatic to add assistant coach with pro experience

Mitch Carefoot

Mitch Carefoot played 2 seasons in the Manitoba Junior Hockey league, years in which he was drafted in the 2nd round of the WHL, took part in the Viking Cup, MJHL/SJHL all star game, as well as the World Under 17 hockey tournament. He was then traded to the Salmon Arm Silverbacks of the BCJHL where he spent a season before leaving for the NCAA.

Chosen in the 2004 NHL entry draft by the Atlanta Thrashers, Mitch spent 4 years at Cornell University in Ithaca, NY. He won one ECAC and two IVY league championships at Cornell and was named Assistant Captain and team MVP in his senior year. Along with his on ice contributions, Mitch was able to balance his school work at the IVY league school and was named to the All-IVY League Academic team 3 years.

After leaving Cornell , Mitch spent two years with the Phoenix RoadRunners, the affiliate of the San Jose and Worcester Sharks. Mitch attended the Atlanta thrashers rookie camp two years and the Milwaukee Admirals of the AHLs’ training camp before his second season in the ECHL. After being sent back to Phoenix RoadRunners of the ECHL he was named team captain and was awarded the team Iron-Man and most dedicated awards at the end of the season.

Due to unforeseen circumstances, Mitch was forced to give up the game. He now looks to bring his experience of playing competitive hockey and give back to the junior players in Manitoba.

No comments: