PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, April 05, 2008

"I want to be a mommy when I grow up!"

Days with Kate are my absolute favorite! She is at such an adorable age! She is so inquisitive, so bright and so funny! She has the most vivid imagination that takes the simplest toy and turns it into an afternoon of endless possibilities. She is an explorer. A ballerina. A gardener. A painter. A cuddler. A teacher. A comedian. A kitty cat. A swimmer. A sculptor. And today when I asked her what she wanted to be when she grew up, she told me a mommy. As my last days of college are coming too fast, I finally have to decide what I want to be when I grow up. Being a mommy is at the top of my list and I am so thankful for the past 3 years I have spent with Kate refining my "mommy" skills! She has taught me a lot about patience, nurturing and the power of naps. Triumphs, failures and perseverance. Through her, I have been reminded of innocence, determination and having the world at your fingertips. A world filled with optimism, independence, laughter and love. Now if only she could teach me how to cook and clean...

No comments: