PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, June 20, 2011

much-to-celebrate-Monday.

Hello, Monday!

I am just so excited to see you that I am briefly stepping out of my {oh my, uninspired!} blog hiatus to throw some confetti around and suck the helium out of a few mylar balloons to properly commemorate {in Munchkin-voice fashion} the little celebrations that are happening around here this day/week/month/rest of my life... even if it is sans photogs because this child of the 21st century does not have the patience for "wireless sticks" & therefore you will be left to the limits of your own imagination to provide a lil guided imagery in lieu of the visuals that usually accompany this post! =)

I am celebrating that my Masters Program starts today. Say whhaaat? Last night {when I was carefully planning out what to wear on my first day of school} I started to panic when I realized  its an online class and therefore my graduate uniform will consist of pajamas and sloppy pony tails  that I might have forgotten how to be a student. What if I can't remember how to read? Or write? What if my brain lost the ability to memorize massive quantities of information at one time sometime over the last three years? What if I can no longer pull all-nighters by continuously consuming junk food and washing it down with Rockstars? Here's to hoping being a grad student is like riding a carousel...

I am celebrating being home.  It's been a {bittersweet} week-long celebration of reuniting with friends and family who I have missed tremendously. Lunch dates with old friends. Meeting new babies. Long runs down country roads. Short inhales of the most invigorating bursts of the freshest air. No summer would ever be complete without my lazy days at the lake. Here's to hoping I can convince every important person in my life to move to the same place one day so I can have them all as neighbours and abolish "the goodbye"...

I am celebrating that today is Kristy's birthday and I'm celebrating the fact that I get to celebrate it with her tonight. Good morning, Tristy! Here's to hoping you have a fabulous day! =)

I am celebrating that my little {cyber} space is getting a much needed blog lift this week by the incredibly talented Heather at Life Made Lovely Designs. Here's to hoping knowing that creative genius will give the 'Burb the fanciful makeover she deserves! =)

I am celebrating that I am on day twelve {out of fifteen} consecutive mornings of waking up to the sweet sound of Reese squealing in the living room... Everyday is a celebration when there is a beautiful baby in the mix. Learning to crawl. Getting new teeth. Saying "mama" + "dada". Here's to hoping that these two weeks of Reesey-goodness will carry me through to August...

I am celebrating that when I fly back on Wednesday, I will be jumping in my car to embark on a very, very long road trip and am so excited that Miss Sydney will be joining me along the way! While the exact {scenic} route is a little up in the air still, I know the amount of laughter that will be had will make the thousands of miles fly by. Here's to hoping that the final destination will feel like home when I arrive...

And oh so sadly, I am celebrating the life of my only first cousin, Ian, whose life was tragically taken from us last week. He was only eighteen-years-old. A good kid with an incredibly kind soul, I am hoping he is at peace teaching an angel to play video games...

So, here's to GOING BACK. Back to the basics. Back to work. Back to school. Back to the West Coast. Back to where I started from... and still knowing that it is right where I belong.

Happy Monday, friends! The paradigms are a shiftin' and I can hardly wait to start celebrating!

2 comments:

Marianne said...

WOW! That is a lot of excitement. Good luck on your road trip and getting settled in!

So sorry for your loss of your cousin. 18 years is much too soon, but obviously God had other plans. Many prayers as your family copes with this unexpected loss.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for celebrating! It was so much fun. I'm thinking I should come celebrate with you in September!
Kristy