PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, April 06, 2012

life as of late, ala instagram.

The past few weeks have consisted of an immense amount of going through the motions... school//work//clinical//repeat... hardly noticing when entire weeks pass by and shocked when the calendar page turns over revealing another new month... but I always notice when my hectic schedule affords me the opportunity to witness the sun coming up over the ridge to paint the sky orange... a peaceful moment found in the orange-ish golden lining to being awake before the rest of world.  
The in-between time has been comprised of a little bit of running and a lot of inner reflection, when it's just me, a cool breeze at my back and the 9minute40second pace by which my sneaks hit the pavement. I ran a 5k a couple of Sundays ago around Mercer Island + I set a personal record with what felt like an elephant sitting on my chest still recuperating from the plague. Only four weeks until my half marathon through the Redwood Forest in NorCal. Eeeek.
I have devoted a small amount of my time allotted for training to hot yoga + have become increasingly fond of the family-style garage gym that is crossfit. Apparently, good-looking coaches who give great high fives are exactly the motivation this girl-in-a-fitness-rut needed. Muscles I didn't even know I had are sore thanks to their make-me-wanna-vomit WODs. 
Braids + tart deco by Essie make me oh, so happy. I've dreamed of vampires every night this week when I would only make it through twenty minutes of Breaking Dawn before drifting off in to a five-hour coma. They were lovely, little dreams. Trying to maintain balance with rest + relaxation, I treated myself to an afternoon at The Beauty Bar {thank you, Groupon!} after a 9 day stretch of work + class + clinicals. It was exactly what I needed to make it through the four day stretch that followed. 
I constantly try to decide... in the shower, over a delightful breakfast at serious biscuit, at 3AM when I can't sleep... where I want to be in less than two months... six months... nine months... and at this time next year when I will have graduated. Alaska? Hawaii? Florida? California? Texas? ...Not just in the geographical location sense but where I want my heart and mind to be, too. Where I want to invest my love and begin a new life. The thought of leaving the Pacific Northwest deeply saddens me... but the thought of staying longer than this entire year petrifies me even more. What's a twenty-something stricken with wanderlust to do?
Weekends in Whistler with Sammi, the return of my dear friend, Heather, to Seattle, fro-yo + Hunger Games night with seven lovely girls I work with and date night with the roommate to see Mamma Mia! at the Paramount Theatre followed by the most delectable dinner at the Purple Cafe for the finest lobster mac & cheese these taste buds have ever known {coupled with a sweet wine flight} make me never want to leave this corner of the World! 
As of late, I have less than two months left in this pretty little part of the planet and I fully intend to take advantage of the ales brewing and tulips blooming and the good music underground and the whales migrating and the wineries aging. You only live once, right?
Precisely. Which is why I played the lottery for the second time in my life last week... and much to my wily ways dismay, I am still not a multi-millionaire... but it is Friday {a good Friday, at that!} and tomorrow is my one day off + they're calling for sunshine! Praise Helios + have a happy weekend! =)

No comments: