PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, February 12, 2012

it's like washing a black pen with a load of whites.

I have had a rough couple of weeks. I will spare you the boring details but let me just tell you after cancelling my trip this weekend to see my favourite floridians + washing a black pen with a load of whites, it didn't shock me in the least bit when a bowl full of light bulbs committed suicide, randomly jumping off the closet shelf {unprovoked} and smashing in to a million pieces, spraying shards of super sharp glass all over my pile of now "grey" clothes...
...and that is when I decided to attend two happy hours on Friday. There is a bar here by the name of The 5 Point that has happy hour from 6-9AM and nurses often go there after night shift together. I had not worked the night before but instead, just woke up extra early to join friends, drink bloody marys and eat californian eggs benedict before sunrise. It was a lovely morning until I attempted to do a pilates reformer class afterwards, not realizing how strong the effects were of said bloody mary and suddenly I found myself hundred-ing in to a spinning oblivion.

After I napped for the remainder of the afternoon, my roommate {love her!} and I met some girls for happy hour at Odd Fellows in Capitol Hill. It was fabulous to be back in my old 'hood...

... It reminded me of my sweet, sweet summertime. No trip to CapHill would be complete without stopping by my favourite cupcakery {strawberry champagne flavour with tiny heartshaped confetti... swoon.} and finishing our night in the butterfly lounge at Grim's. 
This week marks the official start of my half marathon training as well as my return to the workforce. Thankfully, the light of this super long {temporary, its only temporary.} tunnel of class/work/clinicals is a non-negotiable trip to Florida in mid-April to bask in the sunshine with my besties. Sixty-five more days... 

No comments: