PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, February 05, 2012

the very busy gradstudentillar.

There are currently fifteen fourteen thirteen more hours left of this week and I am going to start celebrating Monday's arrival at 12:01 tonight. Between spending the beginning of the week working in California, followed by three eight hour days of lecture, a two-hour coffee date with my professor {which was fabulous, btw}, two umbilical lines, one Michelada, one 10 hour day of clinical on a sunny, 60 degree Saturday {not bitter.}, one ginormous burrito at Chupacabra, one midterm, one froyo, one research project, one giant mushroom +truffle cheese serious pie...

one case study, one intubation, one Whistling Pig Hefeweizen, one chest tube insertion in to a chicken, one clinical log and about four hundred pages of reading, I feel like I'm about one slice of salami, one piece of cherry pie, one lollipop, and one slice of watermelon away from the worst stomach/heart/head/lifeacheever. 
Dramatic much? That might have been a teensy bit of an exaggeration but the bottom line is I'm unimpressed, 2012. Un.Im.Pressed. And as for you 2011, feel free to reclaim your permanent presence in my life at any time... Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to get in touch with my inner Eric Carle, find one single leaf to make me feel instantly better before crawling in to my cocoon tonight... 
...because tomorrow I will metamorphasize {not a word? well, it should be.} into a beea-uuu-tiful butterfly... putting the lows of this week behind me and flying forward to a trip home to see five of my most favourite people... Kara + Reese, Jess + Ella, + Megan. It's someone's half birthday and there are cupcakes to be consumed.

1 comment:

Jenni@Story of My Life said...

I don't know how you doctor-types do it. SO MUCH RESPECT. :)