PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, February 28, 2009

birthday wish.

For Kevin's birthday, we headed down the coast to check out Huntington Beach and watch the surfers' soak up the not-so-sunny weather which only resulted in big waves... After a delicious meal and heart-to-heart over home-brewed beverages at a local brewery we headed to the Hollywood Hills so Kevin could see the infamous (but for me, kinda getting old...) HOLLYWOOD sign. I thought it would be your seemingly everyday hike taking you just below the sign which always makes for a nice photog spot with the sign touristy-screaming in the background. What I forgot was that I was hiking with Kevin.. who wanted to touch the sign ... who had been apparently dreaming about this one birthday wish for two weeks and he wasn't getting on a plane later that evening without getting up there. Well a big believer in wishes, I couldn't be the one who prevented this dream from coming true so next thing I know Kevin is pushing me up the side of a mountain (literally!!) through itchy plants and steep inclines. I hike quite often on my days off but this trail honestly was incredibly challenging. In addition to me and my fear of breaking the rules, the law, security and sensor system and a huge fence wasn't going to stop this wish from coming true either...  

No comments: