PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Thursday, February 05, 2009

Versant RN Residency Graduation.

[Click on the title of this post to see the slideshow of my residency!]

Today I graduated from the Versant RN Residency Program! It was a fabulous celebration! When I first moved out here, I quickly befriended all the people in my cohort that were also from out of state that much like myself, didn't know much about LA or know many other people here. L to R: Afton (Minnesota), me (Florida), Stephanie (Delaware), Troy (Michigan), Laurel (NYC), Adam (Philadelphia), Rebecca (Connecticut) and Sydney (St. Louis).

Carly was able to sneak away from the bungalow for a couple of hours and be a part of my celebration. It was super fab having her there as she has been there for me after every shift that I return to the apt in tears emotionally traumatized by what I had experienced on the unit that day. She even got her own tour of the unit and got to sneak a peek at all the super sick babies.

Adam, my Pennsylvanian passion from the PICU, has been an extra special element to the program definitely aiding in the highly encouraged "take care of yourself first" mantra... always available to try new restaurants, go on stress-relieving hikes, browse the boutiques in Los Feliz or hit up happy hour at breweries within walking distance of the hospital after class. 

 It was a fabulous celebration filled with all my fabulous friends I have made the past 6 months at CHLA including these four lovely ladies who work in the NICCU with me! It's been so wonderful having them to share my neonatal residency experience with!

Having preceptors to give me wings to fly on my own (my first independent shift is this Sunday!) has been the most beneficial aspect of the program. I have learned so much from Kim (pictured above) and have made a best friend in my saving grace, Dana (pictured below)! I am soooo lucky to have them in my life and cannot thank them enough for all their support and encouragement!
 
A marathon runner, avid spinner, lover of Lulu lemon, married to a Gator alum and owner of a yellow lab named Gracie ... could we have been more of a perfect match?! I think not! 

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Congratulations Jocelyn!!

Love, Jenn, Layne and Sadie

Katie said...

Jocelyn, WOW! I am so very VERY proud of you!! Congratulations on such an amazing accomplishment!!