PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

off the record.

One of my favorite parts about Los Angeles is when celebs do things off the record ... and I am there to witness it. If I am at the Improv watching a comedy show and Adam Sandler just decides he wants to show up in character and do a set to promote an upcoming movie ... I didn't mind. Or Teri Hatcher wants to light our local Christmas tree. Or Natalie Portman and Jessica Biel want to play with the kids at my hospital... whatev. But my favorite things to experience "off the record" are acoustic shows that lead singers of bands do just because they feel like singing... Back in December, I went to a benefit for Invisible Children where the lead singers of Switchfoot (Jon Foreman), Saves the Day (Chris Conley) and Thrice (such an amazing musician... Dustin Krensue) all played an acoustic set in a really intimate venue and it was incredible. Last night, I experienced amazing acoustic again when Ed Kowalczyk (lead singer of one of my all-time favorite bands Live) played at Hotel Cafe and it was unreal! Lightning crashes, overcome, dolphin's cry ...Ed played the perfect set and it was awesome. 

No comments: