PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, February 02, 2009

indefinitely definite.

This Sunday was our first Society for Promoting Intellectualism (S.P.I) meeting and I have to admit, it was supernerdycool. Carly's temp roommates [Lindsay, Angie and Mindy] and the two of us have decided to expand our first 13 years of learning into this next chapter of our lives and culture ourselves with frequent meetings/outings to gain insight into worldly happenings we don't know much about already. The meeting was called to order over bagels and fresh squeezed orange juice. We first discussed our Cocktail Chatter in which we all brought current events - the octuplets born near us, Obama's plan for "change", the high school basketball team that beat the other team 100-0 and I brought the political cartoons because nothing serves as a better measurement of your knowledge than how much humor you find in them (which is a direct measurement of how much you understand them!). Carly's article sparked the googling of the term "tarp funds" ... I'm sure you have heard this word used a lot in regards to Obama's bailout package but do you know what they are? We do (now)! From here, we slurped OJ over our Endorsements section in which we shared anything we found interesting that we would like the rest of the group to know about: the SPIs recommend reading Chuck Palahniuk, listening to podcasts, I recommended knitting and Carly recommended seeing Val Kilmer as Moses in an upcoming musical at the Kodak theatre called The Ten Commandments. From here, we each presented our homework which was assigned to us last week - to creatively use the word indefinite. Not the most profound piece of creative writing I have ever submitted but applicable to my current stream of thoughts....

Indefinitely.
Indefinitely enamored by a modern-day fairy tale, so divided.
Indefinitely engulfed in a burning love story, so unrequited.
Indefinitely searching for another fragile slipper to complete my pair.
Indefinitely disguised as the half of my heart that breaks when I awake and you're not there.
Indefinitely hurting by your sudden, unexplainable disappearance.
Indefinitely masking a broken heart with a reflexive smile and perseverance.
Indefinitely wondering why our love has slipped away.
Indefinitely hoping your white horse accidently led you astray.
Indefinitely praying you will be able to pull in the reigns.
Indefinitely wishing it will lead you to me again.
Indefinitely dreaming of how our love story should of been.
Indefinitely denying our perfect carriage has turned back into a pumpkin.
Indefinitely convinced under your slimy, spotted skin was a prince.
Indefinitely kissing oh! Romeo ever since.
Indefinitely decided that I want my cds, I mean heart back.
Indefinitely summoning the mice to sew it back intact.
Indefinitely brewing a pot of frog leg stew.
Indefinitely believing I will get over you...
definitely.

I can hardly wait for our next meeting this coming Saturday ... it's a tea party!! =)

No comments: