PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snow Cream: A {tutorial}.

I'm not sure how I managed to live in the coldest place in the world (that's you, Winnipeg!) for an entire year and never make snow cream... albeit I never went outside... but I hadn't even so much as heard of it until it snowed A LOT here the other day (and pretty much every other one of the fifty states too... jokes on you, global warming!) + the first thing Creed asked to do on his Snow Day was to "make snow cream!"

It is so scrumptious, I just had to share the recipe with all my family in Manitoba (who have had waaay more snow than we do permanently since November...) because they are missing out on some sweet Southern Comfort!

Ingredients: 
One heaping bowl of freshly fallen snow... experts at allrecipes.com suggest a gallon!
Photobucket
1 cup white sugar, 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract + 2 cups of milk.
Photobucket


Directions:
1. Collect freshly fallen snow that has been untouched by shoes, birds or any other contaminating object.
Photobucket
2. Pour sugar into a big {empty} bowl.
Photobucket
3. Mix in vanilla + milk.
Photobucket
(I know... our bowl isn't empty but we actually forgot to add milk at first...cooking: not my forte)
Photobucket
4. Start adding spoonfuls of snow.
Photobucket
5. Mix + add more snow until desired consistency has been reached.
Photobucket
which requires lots of taste-testing....
Photobucket
(Now I know why people tell me I look seventeen.)
5. Serve in your favourite ice cream bowl and Enjoy!
Photobucket

** and if you want to get real crazy with your snow cream, add chocolate syrup to make a new flavor!*

Photobucket
I never thought I would be posting a recipe on my blog but in conjunction with my new year's resolutions, I think its the perfect first recipe for my recipe book... and by that I mean all blog posts labeled "Julia Child Style" from here on out...

No comments: