PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, July 06, 2011

m + d

Photobucket
My roommates {the two incredible people that I just spent the last three months living with in Tampa} are engaged!! My heart is bursting with happiness for the two of them!! Megan is seriously one of my favourite people in the entire world and I could not be happier for her and her beau, David!!


Megan and I have known each other since high school and have shared every memory and milestone ever made in the last six years when us four girls were roommates in college + became the best of friends, the kind of friends you read about in Judy Blume books.


Senior year of college, Megan and Carly were going home for New Years and Megan kept telling us that she knew who her NYE kiss was going to be... I'm talking weeks in advance... a friend of a friend; someone she had never even really met. I thought she was crazy but the girl knew that there was something completely incredible about an {almost} total stranger and my goodness, she was right! The mystery man was David. They instantly hit it off, she got her New Years kiss and they have been inseparable ever since! Soul mates? But, of course.
Photobucket
David came up to visit while we still lived together our last semester at UF and this is when I began {unknowingly} saying, "I just love David!" any time his name was brought up in conversation... because he is seriously that awesome of a guy... and when coupled with Megan, they are pretty friggin' perfect. My favourite Meg + Dav story is their first "I Love You!" when Megan moved to San Fran for a couple of months for an event planning internship. David had helped her move in on a leg of a bachelor party/road trip before carrying on to Sin City with the boys. Next thing I know, David had left Vegas {in the middle of his brother's last hoorah as a single man!} + was headed back to San Fran because he had something to tell her... 
HE LOVED HER!! + she loved him, too! {Do you have goosebumps yet?}
Three and a half years later, their relationship has grown into something beautiful! They compliment each other so well. They are the best of friends. She's his biggest cheerleader. He inspires her to come out of her shell. They have big dreams for their future. They make each other so happy; they make perfect sense. 


I enjoyed every minute of quality time spent with the two of them as sister-wives earlier this year, David a real natural Kody {I kid, I kid.}! ... but right before I left Tampa, David came skipping in to my room, diamonds in hand, floating on clouds to tell me that this summer he was going to ask Megan to marry him! My eyes welled with tears as he described in great detail the perfect proposal he had been busy planning while back home in Kentucky earlier that week...


Sunday night, David popped the question! Megan Duby, will you marry me?? Set in an old barn, you can just feel the romance; how happy and in love they are is almost palpable in these photographs!! Congratulations to the future Mr. & Mrs. Zawko! I could not ask for a more perfect match for my bestie and I cannot wait for the festivities to begin!! =)
Photobucket
They could not remember a time before now that forever didn't seem long enough.

1 comment:

Samantha B said...

Did you take these pictures?