Friday, August 01, 2008

J. Kirk, RN

I wrote (and passed) the NCLEX last week and I am excited to announce that I am officially a registered nurse! Leaving for California two weeks from today, I will be starting my career as a neonatal nurse at the Children's Hospital Los Angeles in a Level III NICCU. I have been accepted into a 22-week pediatric nurse residency program, where I will be able to hone in on my skills specific to neonatal nursing through an intense preceptorship 75% of the time and in a didactic classroom the other 25%. I am super excited for this next chapter to begin!

No comments: