PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Celebration of Babies

When I first began the job search in the LA area, I contacted a woman from the March of Dimes who was familiar with the NICUs in this area. She recommended CHLA to me and because I absolutely love my job, I feel indebted to her. To begin paying her back for finding my "dream job," if you will, I volunteered last weekend at the Celebration of Babies for MOD. Held at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, it was a fabulously fun event! Beginning with a silent auction of possibly the cutest baby accessories ever and little shops set up by all the high-end baby boutiques in this area, my job was to register all the 300 guests ... some of which you may know (including Jennie Garth, the Master of Ceremonies, pictured above). Also in attendance was Melissa Joan Hart, Jodie Sweedin, and Kellie Martin and a few other random celebrities. Once the live auction began, my job was to swipe all the black American Express cards to charge everyone for their purchases... All together, we raised over $200,000 for premature babies! It was a fabulous day! =)

No comments: