PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, October 13, 2008

i.v. league

I am currently in a nurse residency program which consists of about 75% of the time working as an RN in the NICCU and 25% of the time in a classroom. The first few weeks are loaded with lectures and then slowly we've been spending less time in class and more time on the unit. In about 2 weeks, we will be down to 2 class days every other week for the remainder of the program with the majority of the time on the floor. Last week we had a skills lab day where we given the opportunity to start intravenous lines on each other, for many of us it was our first time! I did not volunteer my own veins because I am extremely afraid of needles and get diaphoretic/tachycardic when I even smell the alcohol swipe getting close to my skin. If only my tiny patients' baby veins were as easy to stick as these ones...

No comments: