PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, October 24, 2011

hipster.

I've been doing a little research for my costume this evening and if there is one thing my google searches have taught me, it is that I am going to be so incredibly ironically cool this Halloween, without even trying... well at least I'm going to try really hard to try to look like I'm not trying.  Ha! I'm ironic already... 

In googling "how to be a hipster" I came upon the Verbal Vomit's advice and I couldn't stop laughing so I just had to share all the lovely resources I am using to get in the zone this Hallow's Eve. There is even a handbook. If you are unfamiliar with what a hipster is, this article is a pretty accurate representation but my favorite quote comes from TIME

Hipsters are the friends who sneer when you cop to liking Coldplay. They're the people who wear T-shirts silk-screened with quotes from movies you've never heard of and the only ones in America who still think Pabst Blue Ribbon is a good beer. They sport cowboy hats and berets and think Kanye West stole their sunglasses. Everything about them is exactingly constructed to give off the vibe that they just don't care. 

Bingo anyone? I think I already have the first 4 steps of wikiHow's How to Be a Hipster down.... 1. I want to be a hipster to add an extra element of cool to a traditional child's costume. 2. I am twenty-five. Perfect. 3. I live in Seattle three blocks from Pike & Pine... the intersection where hipsters roam free. 4. I am seeking a Master's degree to expand upon my intelligence. Fifteen steps more to go by Friday... 

Wish me luck with my method approach to this Halloween {Read: me spending this week eating vegan, thrifting for a few non-mainstream costume essentials, and listening exclusively to indie-rock you probably have never heard of.}  

No comments: