PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Friday, March 13, 2009

training of a triathlete.

So, I signed myself up for the Nautica Malibu Triathlon that will take place this fall. The proceeds benefit the Childrens' Hospital and past triathletes that have participated in the race include Matthew McConahey, Jennifer Lopez and my preceptor, Dana. Having a terrible history of leaving Jess' bike in the middle of campus after 8 blocks of near-death bicycle accidents on my way to a final AND quitting lifeguard class after one day for being deathly afraid of diving to the bottom of the pool to retrieve a brick (and of my reflection in a unflattering speedo!), I have exactly 6 months from today to learn to ride a bike and swim without half floating on a raft. I feel confident in the running leg of it but will have to adjust to swimming and biking before I jog. I'm super excited for this new challenge and having my past marathon training partner and motivator (Jess) in town for the weekend, I began training today.... We went for a fabulous tandem bike ride along The Strand from Hermosa to Manhattan Beach.

No comments: