PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, March 21, 2009

vicarious.

Kara volunteering with her grad school class... good luck with your finals this week... see you Wednesday!!! =)
Little Lily ...so precocious. I can't wait to meet you this summer!
Save-the-dates: The future Mr. & Mrs. Lucas Wedding plans are coming along fabulously!!
Graduating from the NICU a month before her due date, Baby Kylie is growing so much... good luck Katie with your move to New Mexico to be with Daddy Dustin. 
Because I am nowhere near the point of settling down... I've come to accept that it's virtually impossible to do so while residing in LA which can more easily be compared to some sort of wicked extended vacation than any element of adulthood... I have been living vicariously through all the wonderful people in my life that have started to by meeting the one, having healthy babies, obtaining a graduate degree, buying a house, tying the knot...  all these fabulous milestones they are lucky enough to have reached long before I do... but I absolutely fully intend to one day! I dream of the day that I have sleepless nights because of a newborn baby (and not from living in a city that never sleeps), long to be sitting in class doing a crossword, I mean taking notes about becoming a neonatal nurse practitioner (for now, my SPI club homework will suffice) and are super envious of love struck couples sharing a life together (although I love living with Carly!), I'm just not quite ready to grow up yet. Getting to relish in their happiness helps me fight the urge to go back to school (must learn the basics before I return to grad school to master the advance practices), contain the burning desire to meet my true companion (I hope by not looking for him I magically run into him in the grocery store), patiently wait to be a mom (the one thing I feel I am destined to be the most!) and resist the yearning to plan a wedding... 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Me too Cousin Joc!! Big Hugs and kisses, Lily XXXooo