PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

keep counting + give thanks.

I survived my seventy-two-hours of using every lifesaving skill I possess {from catheters to IVs to blood cultures, the only thing I don't think I attempted in the last six days was chest compressions. Thank gawd.} ...and I can hardly wait to hop on a plane in the morning knowing that by nightfall I will get to cuddle my sweet reese and reunite with family and friends in the Sunshine State at approximately nine-thirty tomorrow evening. 

This past year has been a whirlwind of many incredible {albeit} scary changes... from hair colour to geographical location to career direction right down to the changing of the rhythm in my heart. When I reflect on last Thanksgiving, I was making the hardest decision I have ever had to make, one that would change every aspect of life as I knew it. One that brought me an insurmountable amount of happiness coupled with more sadness than I ever thought possible... One I {still} question every single day. 


When I left, I had no idea what I was doing or where I was going... and most days... exactly one year later... my future is just as unknown as the day I left... This uncertainty can be horribly uncomfortable some days but I am so thankful that I keep finding the strength to continually push forward in the most unsettling of times. 

Two steps forward, one step back seems to be the new cadence of my lifeI set an intention 365 days ago to get in touch with all the things that make me internally happy, the vital gems of my make-up... and its these precious constants that have carried me through the darkest of days... and shed light on the grand scheme... that suburb of a utopia that feels closer and closer the further it slips away... but I'm eternally thankful for everything I have learned along the way about life and love and {mostly about} myself. 

Today I am counting my blessings + feeling full of thanks.  

I have been blessed with the most fantastic network of friends. I am thankful for every heart I've borrowed, every shoulder I've cried on, every one that I've laughed with and every memory I've made. 

I have been blessed with the most pathological optimism. I am thankful that I can find beauty in the smallest places, kindness in every person and laugh + learn at my own mistakes while forgiving others for theirs.

I have been blessed with the most amazing family. I am thankful for the bond that continues to strengthen between me + my sister, my baby niece who makes my heart grow bigger everyday and the rockstar genes of the Davis women who make me proud to be one of them. 

I have been blessed with the most innate ability to dream. I am thankful for my internal drive to achieve more, strive higher and never ever settle for the less than the life I imagine in my dreams.

I have been blessed with the most rewarding career. I am thankful for the opportunity it affords me to make a difference every shift, to challenge me as I learn something new every day and the flexibility to allow me to keep dreaming bigger + bigger from anywhere in the world.

I have been blessed with a life founded on the principles of love. I am so thankful for the amount of love that I feel surrounded by friends + family, at a job that allows me to love what I do best and a life that fills my heart with more love than it can anatomically contain... on a daily basis.  

Keep counting + give thanks.  

No comments: