PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, December 05, 2011

much-to-celebrate-monday.

I feel like I shouldn't be celebrating because I have too much on my plate {As Katie would say... and I can't eat it all!} I literally don't have time for distractions but I'm still on a bit of a high from last week's ah-mazing visit to Florida and I can hardly contain my excitement! Aaaand it's the first Monday of December and there is a little drummer boy dancing around in my heart chanting Celebrate! Celebrate! 
... so I'm going to. I am celebrating that the end is near. I gave up a long time ago to try to get ahead of the game but if I make it through this semester,  I will feel mucho accomplished. Nine more shifts, three more finals, one final presentation and one 10-page paper and I'm done! Then, I am off to Paris to immerse myself in the French culture and forget about nursing and how it consumes every waking minute of my life. I'm also celebrating that if I really do pull this semester off without an ulcer, I will actually consider re-enrolling in school in January... 
I am celebrating that I am finally unpacking my life in my lovely little home. I have been sleeping on a camping mattress for the last three weeks and thanks to the kindness of a schoolmate, I have a bed!! I slept in it for the first time last night and accidentally didn't get up til noon today. I made a visit to IKEA and found a Snow White-esque dresser 40% off {I never find anything on sale.} that I only put together wrong twice... the second time I left it inside-out... and now I kinda like it with the screws on the outside... 
I am celebrating that the sun has been shining the last two days in Seattle. It is a freezing forty degrees but the Vitamin D I consume sitting in coffee shop windows makes me not mind the cold, not one {frost}bit.   
I am celebrating that Seattle life is so conducive to studying. There is an abundance of coffee shops in every little niche of this city but I discovered a new one last week that raised the bar when I was able to start a tab at 10AM. I wrote a paper for 6 hours ordering round after round of lattes before switching to PBRs for happy hour in the afternoon! For the record, the paper turned out perfect.

Joyeux Lundi, mon ami!

No comments: