PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, December 02, 2012

color me rad.

colorun2
I don't consider myself an avid runner but I do consider routine running some wicked kind of therapy for me + I have found a direct correlation to the amount of happiness in my life with the amount of running I am doing. I have tried to participate in at least one race a year {Rock & Roll 2009} since I ran that dreaded full marathon {once in a lifetime was more than enough...} through Disney World back in 2008. After running the bridge-to-brews 10K in Portland in April in preparation for the Avenue of the Giants half marathon that I finished in May, I was delighted to participate in Seattle's Color Run the very next weekend... just for fun! 
colorrunfinishline

The Color Run is a super rad {and easy!} 5K that raises money for the Ronald McDonald House, a place where many families can stay to be near their hospitalized children...my very own mama included when little Christopher was in the NICU. Dubbed the happiest 5K on the planet, I don't think I stopped smiling once... especially during the explosion of color, the amazing party at the finish line! IMG_1630-2 colorrun

It was the perfect spring day at Seattle Center and although the race was awesome {awesome: {as in} I was still sore from my half seven days prior, took my sweet time accumulating maximum color by walking through the color stations + I didn't pay attention to my race time in the least bit}...
IMG_1635-2
...my favorite part was joining my roommate for mimosas + biscuits at my favorite breakfast restaurant, Serious Biscuit, afterward..
brinks
+ heading to the my absolute favorite beach in Seatown for the rest of the day to soak up the first sunshine of the summer at Golden Gardens with some of my Seattle favorites. IMG_1632
Color me awesome.
I already have the date saved for Lululemon's SeaWheeze Half Marathon for next year! Megalina, will you please join me? =)    

1 comment:

Sports Professor Dan said...

um, yes please! Adding it to my calendar right after this. That would be the perfect way to end the summer! MALYTAB