PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, December 24, 2012

joyeux veille de noel.


eiffel tower twinkles on. from Jocelyn Kirk on Vimeo.
Last Christmas Eve, Grams, Auntie Paul + I dashed across Paris on the Metro to get to Notre Dame just before midnight to attend la Messe de MinuitIt was amazing. The sound the organ made as it reverberated through the church. The way in which the candles illuminated inside. The smell of incense permeating the air. I couldn't speak the language but yet I felt I understood everything the speakers were saying.  It was one of those bucket list moments that I will never forget... the entire two weeks, actually. Paris is magical this time of year. The yule logs that are displayed in store windows are scrumptious. The Christmas villages that serve the best hot chocolate + have chestnuts roasting on a real open fire, I die. I felt like I was in a holiday dream... but hands down, my favorite moment was when the lights on the Eiffel Tower turned off at 1AM and the tower twinkled on. Words don't do her beauty's justice but I was able to capture the twinkle in a cab ride home one night. 

This year, I am thankful to not be on shift and with my sister and her little family. Grams is here, too + each day has been filled with so much meaning having Reese in our lives! Tonight, we went on a joyride around Knox looking at Christmas lights synchronized to music on local radio stations, a big thing here in Eastern Tennessee... Santa Claus comes soon + I can hardly wait to wake up to experience Christmas through the eyes of a very animated two-year-old. Joyeux Veille de Noel, mon ami!

No comments: