PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Sunday, October 10, 2010

TIME.

I have only read TIME magazine twice in my life and I know this because two very exciting discoveries came from both of those reads. The first time I read it was 3 summers ago. I was at the gym and it just so happened to be the 'zine stuffed in to the back of the Stairmaster. I had been searching for a book about a girl who falls in love with a vampire after overhearing several different conversations but didn't have the courage to ask total strangers the title and since I wasn't looking in the Teen section, I couldn't locate it. As fate would have it, there was an article on Stephenie Meyer describing the dream she had about a girl named Bella + her forbidden vampire love, Edward. I'm pretty sure I flew off the Stairmaster at the exact moment to buy Twilight and spent the rest of my summer reading her juicy vampire fairytales.  My second fabulous TIME read was on the plane down to Knoxville. There was a pregnant woman on the cover and in big bold letters it said FETAL ORIGINS: How the First Nine Months Shapes Your Life. Being an (insightful) NICU nurse, over the past two years I had found an amazing correlation between the temperament of babies and how much it often matches that of their mothers. I always mentioned it in casual conversation to colleagues/family like "What a weird coincidence, eh?" but in my head, I was thinking, "This is huge!" and apparently TIME magazine thought so as well when they made this http://www.time.com/time/health/article/0,8599,2020815,00.html the cover story last week! I just find it fascinating that the biggest risk factor to some of the most deadliest diseases (Diabetes, heart disease, obesity) could be a fetus' experience in the womb!

No comments: