PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, March 12, 2011

mixed emotions + a mixed tape.

I was able to escape to Knoxville the last two days to visit Kara and Reese. Reese + I have spent countless moments snuggling, have gone on bear hunts walks, read 34563 books, taken a few photo shoots, played dress-up and talked about boys. Kara + I have played yahtzee/cribbage/skip-bo/repeat, drank gallons of sweet tea and watched hours of March Madness (Gators > Volunteers!). My car is loaded with every article of clothing I own and everything on my weekend-away to-do list is complete... but I'm not ready to leave.

It's beginning to feel like home around here and I quite love it. While floating-like-a-feather-in-the-wind is more congruent with my on-the-go {life}style, there's something incredibly appeasing about the comforts of coming home. 

When you walk in the door and the waft of fresh baked cookies hits you as you enter (a staple around here). When you gather in front of the TV to watch Jeopardy! and enjoy the roast that has been stewing in the crock pot all day (with the paper still on... Kara!) When the baby's bedtime routine -bath/books/bottle - allows her to fall instantly asleep + those long eyelashes begin to flutter. When you slip in to your crisp linens at the end of the day and sink in to a sea of pillows.

Being home is that feeling when the rest of the world has dozed off + you lay awake in the affable still of the darkness... accompanied solely by the light of the moon... right before you begin to dream... when your mind quiets too and says, "ahh, I'm home."

Its the simple things, the small things that make it impossible for me to leave... without shedding a few tears first. And staring in my rearview mirror until Georgia. And questioning my intentions. And counting my blessings. And reminding me to be ever-thankful for the super-soon opportunity to do it all again. The weekend-after-next. =)

My Mixed Tape: Mixed Emotions

SiDeA:
1. Britney Spears - Till the World Ends.
2. Chris Brown - Yeah 3X.
3. Billy Currington - Let Me Down Easy.
4. Adele - Rolling In the Deep.
5. Flo Rida ft. Akon - Who Dat Girl.
6. Airborne Toxic Event - Changing.
7. Mumford & Sons - The Cave.
8. Rihanna - S &M.
9. The Band Perry - You Lie.
10. Young the Giant - My Body.

SiDe B:
1. Katy Perry - Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F).
2. Black Eyed Peas - Gettin' Over You.
3. Esmee Denters ft. Justin Timberlake - Love Dealer.
4. Miranda Lambert - Heart Like Mine.
5. Neon Trees - Animal.
6. Diplo & Tiesto ft. Busta Rhymes - C'mon (Catch 'Em by Surprise)
7. K.T. Tunstall - Suddenly I See.
8. Young the Giant - My Body.
9. Snoop Dogg - Sweat.
10. Empire of the Sun - Walking on a Dream **the song I currently cannot stop listening to!**

Only thirteen more days til I see you again, baby girl! =)

No comments: