PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Saturday, December 25, 2010

M.F.T. #24: Neonatal Nursing + having a passion.

Not everyone is lucky enough to know exactly what they want to do with their lives ... and even those that have figured out this small feat, don't actually get to do it... but I am one of the lucky ones that gets to have her cake and eat it, too so to speak... and that is why Neonatal Nursing is M.F.T. #24. A card reader (yes, you read that right) recently told me that the fact that I have a career that I am passionate about means that I have half of my life figured out, the hardest part... and the idealization that my "job" will never feel, not even for one day, like work will make for a very happy life. =) And I believe it! Being a nurse is an incredibly rewarding profession. How many people get to wake up every day, even if it is before the sun rises, and know that the work that they have in store for them that day will genuinely make a difference in someone's life? How lucky am I to possess the skills and knowledge that enable me to care for the most vulnerable of populations?! How rewarding is it that I am in the business of saving lives... and do just that... every single day! One of the greatest things about being a {neonatal} nurse is that no two days are the same. There is nothing mundane about any shift and to say that I am never bored at work is an understatement. I used to find the amount of infinite learning to be done overwhelming but with 2+ years of experience in my specialty, I finally feel like I have a good grasp on the basics and now I spend the few spare moments in a day refining my skills. The job in itself is fabulous but the passion that drives me to reach my highest potential every day is really my favorite thing about neonatal nursing.  I'm soo excited at the prospect of advancing my career this upcoming year! Often people acquire certain jobs because it pays the bills or makes ends meet but to know that money is just an added bonus to doing what I love makes my career wonderful!

No comments: